22 years ago on this exact day and date Robert's mom passed away. I still remember the phone call while I was at work, then having to track down Robert who was working construction. It was before cell phones and so my wonderful mom drove me to North Ogden to see him. I had to tell him that his mom and died that morning of a heart attack. That was by far one of the hardest thing I have done. She was only 52 years old, and too young to die. She was laid to rest 5 days later on a day just like today, cold, blowing snow and miserable.
I met my mother-in-law when I was 14 years old, she was a wonderful person. She could cook, she taught me to cross stitch. I still can't cook like her to this day. She raised a wonderful son who of course is my husband. I have thought of her often over the years, sometimes wishing she were here to give answers to questions that only she could. All those who know her were truly blessed by her earthly existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment